State of the Chamber & Annual Celebration Update
The Chamber's 2020 State of the Chamber address can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/Wx7C2zKVCfg.
The Chamber's Annual Celebration and Arthur Virtue Awards will take place on May 12th, 2021 at Katie's Garden. The event begins at 5 p.m. with a program at 5:30 p.m.
The Arthur Virtue Annual Awards began in 1971 as a way for the, then named, Platteville Chamber of Commerce to recognize significant contributions to the Platteville Community. Named in honor of the first Chamber president, Arthur Virtue, the awards have grown over the years to include: Business Person(s) of the Year, Community Service Award, Community Spirit Award, Outstanding Award in the Field of Agriculture, Lifetime Service Award, with the latest addition being the Junior Community Spirit Award. The Platteville Regional Chamber’s Vision Statement includes our intent of preserving the quality of life that Platteville is known for. Recognition of these outstanding people is one way that we hope to continue to encourage the Platteville Pioneer Spirit. The Platteville Regional Chamber is proud to recognize each of the award recipients for the positive, substantial impact they have made in our community.
- The Community Service Award requires an individual who has taken exceptional initiative to enhance and promote the Platteville Community.
- The Business Person(s) of the Year is designed for an individual or couple who has/have demonstrated exceptional leadership and commitment in the business community.
- The Community Spirit Award is reserved for a group or organization who has taken exceptional initiative to enhance and promote the Platteville Community.
- The Outstanding Award in the Field of Agriculture recognizes an individual, couple, or family who has/have demonstrated exceptional leadership and commitment in the field of agriculture.
- The President’s Award for Outstanding Chamber Service is for an individual who is a Chamber volunteer who has provided outstanding service to the Platteville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- The Lifetime Service Award is reserved for an individual who has personally contributed extensively and consistently to the overall welfare of the Platteville community.
- The Junior Community Spirit Award is for a student or student organization who has taken exceptional initiative to enhance and promote the Platteville Community.